Golden Tumeric Milk
Great for Lung Health & Sleep
- Small Sauce Pan
- 1 ½ cups Milk (dairy / coconut / unsweetened nut)
- 1 ½ tsp Tumeric Powder
- ¼ tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 stick Cinnamon (optional)
- ⅛ tsp Ground Cardamom (or 2-3 Cardamom pods)
- 1 pinch Ground Black Pepper (optional)
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp Sweetener of choice (maple syrop, honey, cane sugar, etc.)
- Warm milk in a small saucepan over low heat. Add tumeric, ginger, cinnamon, black pepper, and cardamom. Stir until well combined.
- While avoiding boiling, bring the mixture to a simmer. Allow to simmer for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until smooth, hot, fragrant and flavorful.
- Remove saucepan from heat. Strain the liquid over a fine-mesh sieve into your favorite mug. Compost solids. When slightly cooled, stir the ghee or coconut oil and sweetener of your choice (if using) into the mug. If honey is used, do not heat the honey (heated honey is considered toxic in Ayurveda).
- Drink wam and enjoy!
If you find this helpful and would like to donate, please use one of these methods. Thank you!